Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Yes We Can...


Today is the Democratic primary in West Virginia. I will be headed up to see if I am able to vote today. I am a registered independent. I felt this was the way to register because i feel that the two party system doesn't suit my needs. I think that I should vote for the best person for the job rather than how that person has affiliated themselves with a political party. I really like Bill Clinton as a President. This initially had me leaning towards Hillary. Thinking that if she were elected then his influences would be back in the white house. Hillary seems like a strong candidate, but something about her doesn't give me that warm and fuzzy. I can't see my vote going her way just on the fact that her husband was a great President.

I like the stance that Obama has on Iraq. He has stated that he wants to bring our troops home. Obama has stated that he would not build any permanent bases in Iraq. He will keep some troops in Iraq to protect our embassy and diplomats; if al Qaeda attempts to build a base within Iraq, he will keep troops in Iraq or elsewhere in the region to carry out targeted strikes on al Qaeda.

I like the stance that Obama has on technology. He has stated that he wants to invest in technologies to modernize the nation and government to the 21st century. This is important for us if we are to keep our position as a global power. I think that this is an important place to direct our federal budget.

I think his slogan is funny. "Yes We Can". Bob the builder has the very same slogan - "Can we fix it - Yes we Can!"

No comments:

Powered By Blogger