Monday, May 5, 2008

All systems look good...

Yesterday was my first ride on the road bike since I beat up my knee. The ride was 12 miles long. I averaged a little over 14 miles per hour, which is good as my averages go, and it took me about 50 minutes. The saddle that came with my bike was quite uncomfortable (even with the padded shorts). I started pricing out saddles and any of the road bike saddles for a more serious rider were in the range of $100 +. Last year we bought Michelle a saddle for her mountain bike that was pretty nice from Dick’s Sporting Goods. We stopped by on Saturday while we made our trip to Dulles to pick out the new Bassinet. The saddle made a lot of difference. The best part is that it was less than $25. It was nice that I wasn’t sore at all after the 12 mile ride, so I hope it works out well for the 30.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger