Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Frustration

I have 2 rides on the books that are coming up. The first is this weekend. That ride is the last training ride for the MS bike ride (Sponsor Me - Sorry Shameless Plug). This one is interesting because I am the one organizing it. I am one of the steering committee members for Deloitte Cycling. Organizing the ride was a bit stressful since I am new to cycling and hadn’t organized something like this before. I had a lot of support from the Deloitte cycling chair people and from the bike shop that I bought the bike from. So this weekend I will have the 30 mile training ride, and next weekend is the MS bike Ride (another 30 miles). The actual MS ride I have to say is in a tentative state right now. It’s really dependent upon when baby Brusco decides to make his appearance.

Frustration was the title of this post. The frustration tonight is stemming from the mandatory fund raising goals that some of the charity rides. The MS Bike ride has a $300 min. requirement. I met that one – but I have some incentive to work towards it. I wanted to do the Tour De Cure. This ride is to support the American Diabetes Association. One of our neighbors’ kids has been diagnosed with Diabetes and I think that these kinds of events bring good attention towards awareness and to help funnel funds towards finding a cure. I just don’t know how I am supposed to go about raising funds for yet another ride. I am not willing to pay $200 to be able to participate in a ride. I have enough costs with equipment and maintenance on the bike. It just sucks that there are mandatory minimum funds that I would have to raise. I guess I will just have to look for other rides that don’t have those kinds of restraints.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger