Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Day After…

I went to see the orthopedic doc yesterday evening. Good News, there isn’t anything structurally wrong. The long and the short of things are that the quad muscle connects just under the knee cap. The tendon that connects the muscle got aggravated and then became inflamed. The inflammation is what is causing the pain. I was prescribed some anti-inflammatory medicine and told that my body will tell me how much I can do. He said that there shouldn’t be any issues with doing the bike ride – but to listen to my body. If I am in pain, then I will want to stop… he he – like I needed an excuse.


So I guess at the end of the day it is good news. I’ll take it easy for the next few days. I think I will get back on the bike this weekend and go around the neighborhood, nothing too stressful really, just enough to get the joints moving. The loop around the neighborhood is 1.5 miles so a few laps is really easy to do. Depending on which way you start the laps there 1 hill specifically that kicks your butt. What I did last time though was ½ of the laps went in one direction (the harder way) and the other ½ I went the other way.


I just received the Deloitte Cycling uniform today. This year they went with a good manufacturer for cycling clothing (Voler). The uniform is the normal lycra / lightweight material that most cycling gear is made from. I am conflicted about what to wear the day of the ride. During the spring I have been wearing the padded cycling shorts (lycra) but had a pair of baggy shorts over them. It looks kind of silly, but it works. I have been thinking about not wearing the baggy shorts since I don’t see anyone else wearing them. I don’t know – I am a little self conscious. Maybe I just need to get over it. Most everyone that I saw last year all had the spandex outfits – when in Rome.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger