Saturday, January 23, 2010

It's not what you earned it's what you spend...

I believed that in order to be successful you had to make a lot of money, at any price, even if it meant that you hated what you did for a living. After all, what was more important than making a lot of money?

However, that all changed a few years back when I all of a sudden realized that money wasn’t the most important thing to me. All I really needed, I decided, was enough to enjoy life – no more, no less. It was then that I decided to work for me and what I need rather than A. what others thought I needed or B. what my younger self had been telling me that I needed.

It wasn’t how much I was making, but rather how I was spending it that was dictating how much money I had to bring home on a monthly basis. I understand the concept, but I still have not figured out how to get rid of that mindset.

I guess this too will be something that I'll still have to work on for 2010.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger