Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What goes around...

Its been a few weeks since i have written. There has been so much going on.

The cycling has been slow going. This is an expensive hobby. The Road bike was expensive and unfortunately all of the accessories that go with it haven't been any better. The biggest difference I have encountered between the Road bike and my hybrid bike has been the comfort of the seat. The road bike is built lean and mean. The seat is very aerodynamic and has no padding (Can we say saddle sore?). I have been on the hunt for cycling shorts. The problem is that I am not one for spandex. I have found out that they make 'baggy' cycling shorts. They are primarily designed for mountain bike riders, but I think I will get some use out of them as well - Once I am able to find a pair that look nice, fit, and don't cost $100.

The road bike I bought is a 2007 Bianchi via Narone. The bike frame is made using aluminum alloy. It has carbon forks and chainstays. It has Shimano 105/Ultegra mix gearing.

The shoes i have are Sidi. They are kind of strange, which is the way the cycling shoes are supposed to be. They have a stiff bottom which helps transfer the most power.

The weather hasn't been too cooperative. Cold and windy make a bike ride pretty miserable. This has made training pretty slow going. I really hope that the cold weather breaks soon and that the warmer weather brings some good opportunities to ride more.

I have the MS bike ride coming up on May 17th. I am planning on doing the 30 mile ride and striving to be ready for the 60 mile ride. We'll have to see how that goes.




No comments:

Powered By Blogger