Thursday, March 6, 2008

No better time for a change...

So I know it is a little late for a new year’s resolution, but i think of this as a late start on a promise I made to myself. As i rang in 2008, I found myself almost 50 pounds heavier than i wanted to be. I joined the Army in 1995. My Army career was uncommon. It lasted till October 2000 and interestingly enough It started out pretty hard core and got progressively easier with every base i went to. The military enabled me to stay in pretty good shape. I am sure staying lighter was easier between working out an average of 5 days a week and being 8 years younger. So anyways back on track. I decided this year I would loose some weight, but more importantly get into better shape. I currently have 2 great girls and I am expecting a new little boy in the next couple of months. I feel it is important for me to be able to keep up with them. I have been getting slower with every pound I pack on. I have old man aches and pains. I need to loose weight and better yet, I need to get into shape.

I am not one to hit the gym. I just never could get into that. I decided to bike ride. I have been interested in doing the charity bike rides, but never really looked into it much. The company I started to work for in February of 2007 has a lot of incentives for getting fit. They have a cycling group that does a lot of the charity rides (specifically the MS Bike Ride - more of that later) and they offer a fitness subsidy that has helped purchase my Road Bike.

So...

This blog will end up being a little bit more of what I am into and the experiences i am going through vice a "dedicated" blog on Vino.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger