Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's been a little while... (Caution a pitty party follows)


This ended up as a very short work week. Between a day of vacation and a couple days of company holiday I end up with a 5 day weekend. It'll be a nice break. I have been pretty stressed lately. The workload has been pretty crazy. Work seems to be only one of the stress factors this year.

We have made a concerted effort to not use credit cards - and better yet to pay off the ones we have. This has meant more items being paid for out of our normal day-to-day budget on top of our increased effort at paying off the cards. So yeah - money is an issue. As if balancing this wasn't enough, we add into the mix the family and personal responsibilities. There is a project list at home as long as my arm. This time of year makes it hard to work off anything on that list since it is dark when i leave the house at 5:15 am and dark when i get home in the evening at 5 pm.

Exacerbating all of this is another stress of mine, My health. This has been an issue for me lately. I have had problems with a herniated disc. Well a couple weekends ago i was helping a friend build a deck. It had rained earlier that morning, but the weather had broke and was actually pretty nice outside. We were setting posts so there were open footers all around. I was well aware of them, but as I was measuring something out my foot hit some mud just the right way and into the hole i went (well one of my legs anyways). I didn't break anything, but i did wrench my back pretty well. It was not a issue so much that i felt the extent of immediately, but over the course of that day the pain got increasingly worse and has taken the good part of a week and a half to begin to feel better. So.. yeah... On top of all of this, the stress makes my acid reflux worse - which really just equates to being a pain in the ass. blah...blah...blah... yah i know - Suck it up...

At the end of the day, I am just feeling crappy and unhappy. Fun right. I get into these funks every now and then, but now I just need to find a way out.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger