Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy New Year ~ 2011 Edition



HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind ?

Should old acquaintance be forgot,

and old lang syne ?

"An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves." Bill Vaughan

Well I guess it's that time again. 2010 was a year full of changes. I continued to work within my cybersecurity role. I have progressed through a couple different leadership positions. All of them building on the last. I was able to apply for and thankfully receive a promotion (so that was good news!). I have been thinking of resolutions for 2011. I haven't been in an overly optimistic state lately, so that (I'm sure) taints the resolutions some. My resolutions for 2010 were:

  • Ensure that I am a strong husband to my wife and a loving and supportive father to my kids.
  • I will Pay off more debt than I incur
  • I will Fit in Fitness
  • To learn something new - (I've always wanted to learn Italian - hmm?)
  • I will reduce my Overall Stress (Personal & Work)
  • I will Take a vacation - we really enjoyed our time at the beach last year
After looking back at this past year, I won some & lost some, so I think I'll call it a draw.

I decided to make my resolutions for 2011 pretty simple. I am going to go back through my "bucket list" that I started in 2009 and work towards making things happen. Maybe that'll be the theme for 2011 - Make it happen.

I no longer want to waste my time reliving the past, instead I will spend it worrying about the future. I am looking forward to 2011 and all of the challenges and rewards that it brings.

(wrote and meant to post this earlier this year, but didn't get around to finishing the post... )

No comments:

Powered By Blogger