Here are some of the nuggets I pulled from his speech that I want to be sure to remember:
1. We can not change the cards we are dealt - just how we choose to play the hand.
2. Jim Graham
Showed up to coach practice without a football. The players asked "how are we going to practice without a football. The coach responded with "How many people are on a football team" players stated 11 on each side, so 22. How many people touch the football at any given time? - (1). so lets work on what the other 21 people are doing.3. The Brick walls are there for a reason. Brick walls let us show our dedication. The Brick walls are there to make us prove how badly we want things - The brick walls are there to stop those who don't want it bad enough.
4. Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap.
5. obvious- Like a fish giving a talk about the importance of water.
6. When you do the right thing good stuff has a way of happening.
7. Don't complain; Just work harder.
8. Be good at something: it makes you valuable.
9. Be prepared: "luck" is truly where preparation meets opportunity